Monday, November 26, 2012

Shakeology: Testing out a new nutritional supplement

Hello all! I have recently added something to my green smoothies...Shakeology from Beachbody.

Full disclosure: I did recently become an Independent Beachbody Coach. This means I'm working as an independent contractor for them.However, I am not paid to write anything about them or the supplements. I am writing this because I use the Shaekology and really like it. So rest assured that this is my honest opinion!

At first, I was worried that it would be your standard nutrition supplement powder or protein powder, full of chemicals and fructose. But I found that it was a WHOLE FOOD nutritional supplement. In order to equal what you get in one serving of Shakeology you would have to spend over $41.00 in groceries and eat more food than most of us are capable of. They even came out with a vegan version (hooray for me!) that uses plant protein instead of whey. They use quality plant proteins instead of soy protein which made me happy as well.
I can't vouch for the flavor of the non-vegan versions of Shakeology (I'm a vegan and allergic to dairy anyway), but I can say that they are made from the same whole food ingredients with the only difference being the protein source. 
People who have replaced one meal a day with Shakeology have lost weight, with some people even losing 65 pounds or more. Shakeology contains prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes (which have really helped me already), greens, and fiber.
And if you aren't looking to lose weight but want to tone up or get in better shape, Shakeology is still for you! I'm using it as one of my snacks every day because I am working to get fit and gain muscle.
Follow this link to get more information: http://myshakeology.com/thomimarshall

I have been using the Shakeology daily for the past week and a half and I am really loving it. I feel energized after my smoothies and I was struggling with fatigue. I have tried the Tropical and the Chocolate (the two vegan flavors, hopefully they make more soon!). I like them both.

Here's a recipe to use with the Tropical flavor:
Tropical Shakeology Smoothie
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup water
1 scoop/packet Tropical Shakeology
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup spinach
Blend and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment