Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sometimes you just HAVE to have some chocolate

At least that's the case for me...and many other women =]

I worked out this morning (just some cardio/aerobics and dancing) and I was starving when I finished. And I had a huge craving for chocolate.  I have been trying to strictly limit my chocolate consumption. I seem to be sensitive to it. It exacerbates my acne and heightens my anxiety. So I try to avoid it but I don't like to deny myself when I'm having a persistent craving. I also do not drink soy milk very often at all. A couple times a year is how often. But we had some chocolate soy milk so I used it as the base for my smoothie. I think soy milk is okay to drink sometimes but the chocolate kind has a lot of sugar so it should be used even more sparingly! Just a disclaimer and explanation of my normal eating habits.



So I made this smoothie:
1/2 cup chocolate soymilk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc
 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or whatever milk you prefer
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup frozen strawberries, raspberries, or combo (that's what I used)
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp plant based protein powder
1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (I used a cocoa powder with the cayenne already mixed in)

Place the chocolate & almond milks in your blender with the chia seeds. Let chia seeds soak for at least 15 minutes. Add the other ingredients and blend. YUM!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment