Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipes + Other Recipes

I had food poisoning last week. It was no fun of course. I was in the bed for two days straight and then the third day, things were still pretty shaky. I was finally able to eat pretty normally on the fourth day.


The point of that story is that I was very sick and unable to go anywhere, most importantly the grocery store. We were out of EVERYTHING. 


I finally went on Monday. I went to the store and also to Whole Foods because I was out of nutritional yeast, virgin unrefined coconut oil, hemp seeds, and other essentials that I buy there. I also got some very special ingredients to make The Little Owlet super special gluten free vegan pancakes on Thursday.


Because he is turning 2!


I can hardly believe it.


I also got the ingredients to make him homemade Blackberry Sorbet. What a treat! I'm even making my own vegan version of sweetened condensed milk. I'll post the recipe on Thursday hopefully with some pictures!



I've been drinking my Shakeology every day because, honestly, it makes me feel better. It gives me energy that I didn't have before. And it's not just a protein powder, it has many superfoods in it as well as herbs and matcha green tea! 
I am a Beachbody Coach but I wouldn't have become a coach or recommend Shakeology if I didn't believe in it 100%.



My go to Shakeology Chocolate Green Monster Smoothie:
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup organic baby spinach
1 cup frozen organic kale, chopped
1 cup blueberries
Optional: 1 serving Chocolate Vegan Shakeology or other chocolate protein powder or 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Place all the ingredients in the blender and BLEND! This works without Shakeology but make sure to use a chocolate product or cocoa powder to make it a chocolate green smoothie =]


As always, feel free to email me with questions about anything: 

thomi_marshall@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment