Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oven Roasted Veggies

Going completely against locavore philosophy, I roasted some sweet potatoes with zucchini (as well as garlic, onion, and fresh oregano). Zucchini are not in season, yet my local grocery still offers them. I decided to buy some and roast them with my sweet potatoes.

Roasted Vegetables
2 sweet potatoes, cut into half moons
1 zucchini squash,sliced into rounds
Garlic cloves (as many as you prefer...I like a lot because they become soft and have an amazing flavor when roasted)
1/4 cup fresh oregano
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Bragg's Organic Sprinkle
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Cut vegetables into desired shape. Place veggies along with peeled garlic cloves into a baking dish (I used a glass one). Pour melted coconut oil over the veggies and garlic and mix thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle seasoning and oregano on veggies and mix again. Place in oven for about 25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.


Today I did a super quick 10 minute workout. I have finals for my dietetics program right now so that is all I had time for! I did body weight exercises and some cardio. I'm working towards building muscle and not being skinny fat anymore so weight exercises are very important.


What is your favorite quick exercise?

Do you do exercises with weights? Do you prefer body weight exercises or free weights? 

No comments:

Post a Comment