Thursday, October 25, 2012

Quinoa Tabbouleh (gluten free)

I used to LOVE tabbouleh. I would always go to a local greek market when I lived in West Virginia to get their in-house made hummus, baba ghanoush, tabbouleh, and dolmas (vegetarian stuffed grape leaves). It was all fantastic. I also usually purchased some pitas they had there that were great...then came the gluten intolerance. It ruined hummus pita sandwiches with a side of tabbouleh for me. I still crave the chilled salad with hints of mint and lemon juice. So I make this gluten free version with some personal tweaks and additions.


Quinoa Tabbouleh
2 cups of quinoa
1 zucchini, diced
10 roma tomatoes halved or 2 small on the vine tomatoes diced 
Small bunch parsley leaves, chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (or more if you like it)
1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped 
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Black pepper to taste
Sea salt to taste 
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool when it is done cooking and then add all ingredients to the quinoa and mix thoroughly. It is best served chilled.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment